Saturday, October 6, 2007

The Trash Fairy

It took about two weeks and a pile of full trash bags near my door before I discovered the Trash Fairy. I search diligently outside to find a trash bin with no luck at all. So I decided to walk up the street and just see if my apartment building shared one with another or just figure out what to do with my trash. One thing I noticed is that outside every apartment building are three mesh bags or other kind of 22 gallon receptacle each containing plastic, glass, and paper recycled goods. So I figured that out and separated my rubbish accordingly into the mesh receptacles I found outside, but still did not know what to do with the real trash that can't be recycled... I think for a bit and decide to just leave it by the road and see what happens. When I come home from dinner I noticed another bag of someone else's refuse so I figure I am doing it right, and in the morning the mesh receptacles were emptied and the two bags of garbage by the road were gone. My street is so quiet that I can hear my neighbor across the street's tv so if a vehicle was used to haul it away I'd notice, but nothing was heard. That's when I decided that trash fairies do exist. Just leave your trash on the road and kindly separate your recyclables and the trash fairy whisks them away. I have yet to spot one, but when I do I'll take a picture and post it here.

No comments:

Nam Tasa's Chief

Nam Tasa's Chief
The custom dance Chief Caspar and his clan performed prior to Nam Tasa's departure from Vanuatu. This is where and when Nam Tasa recieved his custom name from the Banks Islands in Vanuatu.