Sunday, November 4, 2007

Namsan Park (#15 Seoul's Best 100)

This picture was taken from the Seoul Tower on my birthday, and goes out to all of my friends from London and Paris, and my relatives from Germany. I went there with my counterpart from Canada. We had a good time, but man it was hot that day and I lost about a pound from sweating so much.

To get there one must scale Mount Namsan which is 480 meters above sea level. The tower offers a panorama view of the Han River. The Seoul Tower is a landmark that can be seen from pretty much anywhere in Seoul. It is visited by thousands of people every year and accommodates a revolving restaurant, video room, observation platform, and other facilities.

The place was freaking packed and took a lot of time to get to the top and back down. It kind of makes me wonder what the evacuation plan would be in the event of a disaster? Oh well, I have done far more life threatening things navigating the seas on trading boats in the South Pacific. I survived both so I guess it isn't that bad is it?

No comments:

Nam Tasa's Chief

Nam Tasa's Chief
The custom dance Chief Caspar and his clan performed prior to Nam Tasa's departure from Vanuatu. This is where and when Nam Tasa recieved his custom name from the Banks Islands in Vanuatu.