Thursday, December 6, 2007

Possible!

I have come to realize that Korean people are very persistent; even when dialing a wrong phone number. This morning my Canadian co-worker got several calls from a Korean man that had the wrong number. He started calling her at 8:00AM and kept calling her and speaking in Korean in spite of the fact that she told him ten times that she does not know Korean. She gets to the office and he calls again, this time I answer... I exhausted all of my Korean vocabulary (excluding all the curse words) in random order with random English words, that most Koreans know because of marketing advertisements, in between. "Possible" is one of those words that my Korean friend Alex over uses and abuses. As soon as I said "possible" my Canadian co-worker burst into laughter and frustration. Primarily because he just did not get the fact that I had no idea what he was saying. I talked his arm off and even had the phone handed to some woman and talked her arm off too. After about three minutes I broke into Bislama, and the laughter of my co-workers continued. I still have no idea what we talked about and don't know what half of the things I said in Korean were, but it was a pleasant 5 minute conversation. I pray that I did not just agree to buy a Ronco Pocket Fisherman or something random like that. ;-)

Would you believe that he called back two more times! The next call was passed to one of the Korean staff that told him that he had the wrong number. Unfortunately he called again. I answered and pretended to be a pizza delivery restaurant and took his order. He hung up and did not call back. That was hilarious!

No comments:

Nam Tasa's Chief

Nam Tasa's Chief
The custom dance Chief Caspar and his clan performed prior to Nam Tasa's departure from Vanuatu. This is where and when Nam Tasa recieved his custom name from the Banks Islands in Vanuatu.