Sunday, January 13, 2008

Korean Traditional Gas Delivery

Yep, it's a crazy idea, but when one lives in a country that is quite compact, this becomes quite common. I took this photo in Insadong close to Seoul Backpackers hostel, where my friend and I stayed. No, it's not an Al-qaeda bike bomb, it is a gas delivery bike. To me the concept seems crazy, considering the large number of bikes that ignore rules and drive on sidewalks, but I guess that is legal considering the tight quarters that we live in. Bikes like this do everything from deliver take out food, deliver mail, and pick up trash and transfer it to larger (but smaller than in the US) trucks. There is a tv show on the Asian Discovery network called Hazard Pay, I think they need to do a Korean version of this show and feature this job as it seems dangerous to me! Or maybe it is the ordinary pedestrians that need the hazard pay?

No comments:

Nam Tasa's Chief

Nam Tasa's Chief
The custom dance Chief Caspar and his clan performed prior to Nam Tasa's departure from Vanuatu. This is where and when Nam Tasa recieved his custom name from the Banks Islands in Vanuatu.