Saturday, January 5, 2008

Seoul's Best 100

Many of you probably have seen this tag on some of my posts so I thought I'd explain what it is all about. The Seoul Metropolitan Government (see link here) publishes every year a guide of the best 100 things to see, do, eat[/drink), and buy while visiting Seoul (or Korea). I got a copy of this small book from my counterpart and decided to take on the challenge of partaking in as many of these experiences that I can while I am here and give my perspective of them here for all to enjoy.

The book divides the Best 100 into seven sections as follows:
    • THINGS TO SEE (DAY TOURS) -- 1 to 19
    • THINGS TO SEE (NIGHT TOURS) -- 19 to 29
    • THINGS TO DO -- 30 to 41
    • FESTIVALS -- 42 to 53
    • FOOD -- 54 to 69
    • SHOPPING ITEMS -- 70 to 89
    • SHOPPING AREAS -- 90 to 100
Periodically I will write a post updating the things I have checked off the list along with individual posts on each item on the list and its appropriate rating on the list (list number).

DISCLAIMER: The views expressed on this blog are mine and only mine and do not reflect the opinions of the Seoul Metropolitan Government. As a foreigner my views are meant to pay homage to all that Korea has to offer in a profoundly respectful and culturally sensitive manner.

No comments:

Nam Tasa's Chief

Nam Tasa's Chief
The custom dance Chief Caspar and his clan performed prior to Nam Tasa's departure from Vanuatu. This is where and when Nam Tasa recieved his custom name from the Banks Islands in Vanuatu.