Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Australia Humbled

Finally, Australia apologizes for over 60 years of abuse, racism, and arrogance. Prime Minister Kevin Rudd appears to be good for that nation! See the video of the apology here. Way to go Australia for figuring it out! After I watched the movie "Rabbit Proof Fence" I could not help but feel for the aboriginals for their abuse by a bunch of convicts that infected their country like a disease only to claim that what they were doing was "protecting" the aboriginals that mixed with the whites.

To my Australian friends, I am sorry. I know we often joke about how bad things are in America, but at least your new PM grew a pair of oysters and did the right thing. I am proud of him. Go PM Rudd!


No comments:

Nam Tasa's Chief

Nam Tasa's Chief
The custom dance Chief Caspar and his clan performed prior to Nam Tasa's departure from Vanuatu. This is where and when Nam Tasa recieved his custom name from the Banks Islands in Vanuatu.