Friday, March 14, 2008

Home Again Via Japan

Today is Friday, March 14, 2008. I have returned home to Korea. It was a long trip; I had an 18+ hour layover in Japan. The journey home itself began at 6:00AM Pacific time and had me back home about 43 hours later. However, I decided to get a hotel room in Tokyo as the trip there was so rough and long that I could not hang in the airport the whole time. Even walking around the airport I realized that Japan would be a kick ass place to live for a number of reasons.

First, the people seem very friendly and the women are hot. The people that I talked with briefly were very kind and eager to talk to me. Second was the food. I did not have much of a dinner because I was so tired I had snacks, beer, and a shower and was off to bed, but in the morning when I got to the airport and aimed for the golden arches, I noticed a sushi restaurant next to it. I stood bewildered before the golden arches and the mecca for raw tuna. Honestly though, with a love of raw tuna, I had to choose Japanese Sushi for breakfast over and American fast food joint. After all I am in Japan for crying out loud! Contrary to popular belief, sushi is cheaper in Japan than in other parts of the world. I had a decent meal of 1 pc. Toro, 1 pc. Maguro, and 2 tuna rolls. for about USD$10. This is just another reason to want to live and work here.

My third and final reason for wanting to live and work in Japan has a lot to do with this picture. I know what your thinking... Why? I mentioned this in an earlier email on my first day here in Korea that they had these fantastic toilet seats. Well they have them in Japan too and I had to try the one in my hotel room and I am a better man for it. 8-) Anyone that has ever had giardia or another intestinal disorder that has them firmly seated on the porcelain thrown for extended periods of time can fully appreciate a hands free method of cleaning the general region once "business" is finished. Not to mention the chaffing one can get from repeated manual transactions. Yes, it is true; I had my ass washed and blow dried and I liked it!

No comments:

Nam Tasa's Chief

Nam Tasa's Chief
The custom dance Chief Caspar and his clan performed prior to Nam Tasa's departure from Vanuatu. This is where and when Nam Tasa recieved his custom name from the Banks Islands in Vanuatu.