Monday, September 10, 2007

Welcome to The Nam Tasa Newsreal

Welcome to my new blog. You might be wondering what is up with the name? "Nam Tasa" is the custom name that I was given by Chief Caspar of the Banks Islands in the Republic of Vanuatu. During my good-bye party Chief Casper and his clan performed a custom dance* for me and bestowed a custom name that means "man that can do anything he sets his mind to."

The name I was given honestly represents many of the challenges I have faced throughout my life and career. Now I find myself once again doing something that is new to me. There is a new language to learn, new culture to figure out, new environment to adjust to, and new food to learn to love. Korea has been fantastic so far. One month down 11 more to go.

Please stay tuned to this blog for updates on the happenings here in Korea and wherever I go in the world. It is the only place to receive "real news" on my travels and adventures. Hence the name, "The Nam Tasa Newsreal."

3 comments:

Ace-Case said...

Hey Timmy

Jun here and wanted to be the first to comment on your blog. I also have one btw. Take a look at it and comment please :D

http://ace-case.blogspot.com

Nam Tasa said...

Will do. I need to shower and go to work. By the way.... On the blog my name is Nam Tasa... I gotta keep it anonymous. LOL BTW. I got a post coming about the barbershop poles. LOL!

Ace-Case said...

Ok big guy.. I shall call you Skippy from now on or would you prefer you given nick name?

Nam Tasa's Chief

Nam Tasa's Chief
The custom dance Chief Caspar and his clan performed prior to Nam Tasa's departure from Vanuatu. This is where and when Nam Tasa recieved his custom name from the Banks Islands in Vanuatu.