Sunday, October 7, 2007

Mmmm... Yellow Machine Fun?

When in Rome, do as the Romans... This is a testimony to the random things that I have experienced. It is funny, stupid, and one of the many random and stupid things I will do in Korea that I probably would not do elsewhere. It is a claw machine with prizes in the bottom and the players challenge is to locate the claw above the prize of their choosing and hope for the best. My average cost per win is USD$0.75 per prize. Now I have a collection of random lighters, watches, stuffed animals, and vitamins. The funny part is I don't know why I continue to play, but most Korean's out after 10:30PM at night can be found using one of these machines. Have too much soju? This machine becomes a challenge that must be met to prove that you are a better drinker than your mates. Bored around 9:30PM when the kids leaving school are met by their parents? Play the yellow machine to an audience of kids in front of the the local 7-11 and you will be a hero if you give your prize to them.

No comments:

Nam Tasa's Chief

Nam Tasa's Chief
The custom dance Chief Caspar and his clan performed prior to Nam Tasa's departure from Vanuatu. This is where and when Nam Tasa recieved his custom name from the Banks Islands in Vanuatu.