Tuesday, October 9, 2007

The Trash Fairy - Revealed!

Last night we had a cold snap that caused me to turn on the heater. I am still trying to get the hang of the controls and over heated my apartment and nearly burnt my feet when I got out of bed (more on the heating system later). So I decided to open a window and get some fresh air and when I did I heard the clinging of glass outside my apartment. I was relieved because I knew the Trash Fairy was paying my building a visit in spite of me snapping a picture of her the day before. You see, it's bad luck if you get caught taking a picture of the Trash Fairy. She has been known to avoid her duties as punishment to anyone snapping a picture of her; if that happened I'd freak out. So, nonetheless this picture was taken while walking down the street on my way back from lunch. There they were, two of them filling up their carts with the cardboard from the local supermarket.

No comments:

Nam Tasa's Chief

Nam Tasa's Chief
The custom dance Chief Caspar and his clan performed prior to Nam Tasa's departure from Vanuatu. This is where and when Nam Tasa recieved his custom name from the Banks Islands in Vanuatu.